Data Scientist and Researcher
Building your First Open Source Python LibraryView
Rising Odegua is a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer & Researcher with experience in end-to-end data analytics projects ranging from data collection, exploration, transformation/wrangling, modeling and derivation of actionable business insights.
He has done large and small scale projects ranging from predictive, prescriptive to descriptive modelling, recommender systems, churn modelling, computer vision and NLP. He has applied his data science and machine learning knowledge in a number of projects some of which has applications in Finance, Education, Health care and Insurance.
Rising is currently working as a Researcher at Data Science Nigeria and speaks about Data Science, AI, Machine Learning and the Future of Technology at conferences. He loves discussions about cutting edge tech, AI and Data Science.
Building your First Open Source Python Library
In this workshop, participants will learn how to take an open source
idea, implement it in Python, upload and open source it on GitHub and
then package it to PyPi for easy installation by other Python
This workshop aims to cover the following sessions:
- Introduction to GitHub and preparing your open source repository.
- Setting up your development environment and creating a basic python library.
- Introduction to PyPi and uploading your library to PyPI
- Writing tests for your library.
- Writing documentation and user guide.
- Updating and releasing new versions
- Extra advises for managing your package.